Revision as of 16:28, 17 August 2005 by 188.8.131.52
Where to send queries
- General Queries: admin at hivemind.net
- Abuse : abuse at hivemind.net
- Database Services : db-admin at hivemind.net
- DNS Services : dns-admin at hivemind.net
- Mailing Lists : list-admin at hivemind.net
- Mail aliases, mailboxes : mail-admin at hivemind.net
- Web Services : web-admin at hivemind.net
Useful Mailing Lists
- The hivemind announcement list - System announcements are posted to this list
To subscribe, send mail to majordomo at hivemind.net with subscribe announce in the body.
- The neurons discussion list - For discussion of the hivemind network, and requests for help
To subscribe, send mail to majordomo at hivemind.net with subscribe neurons in the body.
Help files and references
- Incoming mail is protected against spam, using Spamassassin, and protected against virii using ClamAV on top of the exim4 mailer. Spamassassin can be switched off on specific user accounts if so required (request from the mail administrator).
- Webmail is available to users via http://webmail.hivemind.net.
- POP3 and IMAP servers, available on the standard 110 and 143 ports, as well as ports 1110 and 1143 (for users who are not allowed by their ISPs to connect to these ports)
- SMTP running on port 25 and 1025
- Statistics on the mail system, including spam messages processed, is available to users.
- Primary and secondary hosting for various domains.
- Please request via appropriate channels should you require this service.
- Web hosting via the Apache web server, including support for SSI, cgi_bin, mod_perl, php4, and others.
- MySQL and PostgreSQL databases are provided on request.