This is a tried and tested recipe for making cannabutter, which is butter laden with THC from the cannabis plant.
What you need
- Quantity of herb
- Large pot
- 250g butter
- Boiling water
- A timer
- Place pot on stove and mostly fill with boiling water and add butter. Turn heat on full.
- Finely sieve the herb to a fine powder and place in pot of boiling water and butter. Keep boiling for about an hour, topping up with water every 15 minutes
- Pour out mixture through sieve and into suitable container such as a plastic jug. You might want to press the liquid out of the plant material with the back of a spoon and run some additional hot water over it.
- Stick just in fridge and wait for butter to harden. All the crap stays in the water below and the THC-laden butter hardens on top. You need merely make a small hole and drain the water and then remelt the hardened butter for cooking purposes.
- The higher the quality of the starting material, the less you need to cook with
- The more finely ground/filtered the source material, and the longer it is cooked means more potency. Just don't burn the butter.