Tax special power of attorney
SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
I/We, the undersigned,
do hereby nominate and appoint JAMES BROWN, or MILES DAVIS of 2LIVE CREW as my agent, with the powers of delegation and substitution, to undertake the matters identified hereunder on my/our behalf (whether in my/our personal capacity or any representative or other capacity), with the sole exceptions of the matters specifically excluded under the heading "specific exclusions" at the end of this special power of attorney (if any) or which by law I/we may not do myself/ourselves or may not delegate to someone else to do on my/our behalf. For this purpose, "do" and "undertake" include electing not to do or not to undertake, as the case may be. My/Our agent shall have full power to be my lawful attorney and agent in my/our name, place and stead:
- 1. to prepare, complete, sign and/or lodge all documents, returns and filings ("tax returns") required or permitted in respect of myself/us, my/our property or affairs in respect of any tax, duty, impost, levy or other charge (including any interest or penalty) imposed under any law administered by the South African Revenue Service or imposed under any law administered by any other authority entitled to administer taxes in the Republic of South Africa including, but not limited to, taxes on gains, profits, receipts and/or accruals (including taxes on capital gains), secondary tax on companies, donations tax, value-added tax, regional service council levies, skills development levies, employees' taxes, unemployment insurance levies, compensation for occupational injuries & diseases levies, and further including but not limited to all taxes imposed under the Income Tax Act No. 58 of 1962; Value-Added Tax Act No. 89 of 1991; Customs & Excise Act No. 91 of 1964; Marketable Securities Tax Act No. 32 of 1948; Transfer Duty Act No. 40 of 1949; Stamp Duties Act No. 77 of 1968; Uncertificated Securities Tax Act No. 31 of 1998; Skills Development Levies Act No. 9 of 1999; Regional Services Councils Act No. 109 of 1985; Compensation for Occupational Injuries & Diseases Act No. 130 of 1993; and the Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act No. 4 of 2002;
- 2. to prepare, complete, sign and/or lodge any claim for any refund, rebate, reduction or remission of any tax imposed on me/us or in respect of my/our property or affairs;
- 3. to prepare, complete, sign and/or lodge any objection on my/our behalf in connection with any levy, assessment, demand, or imposition of any tax, or the disallowance of any claim by me/us for any refund, rebate, reduction or remission of any tax imposed on me/us or in respect of my/our property or affairs;
- 4. to submit to any tribunal, court, arbitration or other form of dispute resolution or mediation (binding or non-binding) any accounts, debts, claims, demands, disputes and other matters which may subsist or arise between myself/us and the taxation authorities ("disputes"); and to defend, prosecute, withdraw, adjust, settle or compromise any such disputes; and to make the necessary appointments and sign and execute the necessary acts and instruments in this regard;
- 5. to submit to appeal, review or reconsideration (a) any matter arising from any dispute referred to in article 4 above and/or (b) any matter arising from any appeal, review or reconsideration referred to in this article 5; and to defend, prosecute, withdraw, adjust, settle or compromise any such dispute or matter; and to make the necessary appointments and sign and execute the necessary acts and instruments in this regard;
- 6. and further to do or cause to be done whatsoever shall be required in order to give effect to the above matters, or which is ancillary thereto, as fully and effectually for all intents and purposes, as I/we might or could do if personally present and acting herein.
The foregoing powers and authority of the said agent(s) shall continue to be of full force and effect for all purposes and circumstances until cancelled by me/us by written notice delivered to the said agent.
This special power of attorney shall operate to exclude and novate every prior, contemporaneous or collateral agreement, written or oral, between the said agent and me/ourselves, relating to the said agent's powers and authorities in connection with my/our tax returns, and any purported subsequent variation or contradiction of the provisions of this general power of attorney shall be of no force or effect unless and until endorsed on this document under my signature and those of two competent witnesses.
I/We hereby ratify, allow and confirm and promise and agree to ratify, allow and confirm all and whatsoever my/our said attorney and agent shall lawfully do, or cause to be done, under this special power of attorney.
Specific exclusions: None.
Signed at ___________________________________ on this the __________ day of __________________________________ 2008, in the presence of the undersigned witnesses.