History of the Hivewiki
The first Hivemind Wiki was hosted on swarm.hivemind.net, and died for two main reasons:
- Security vulnerability in wiki software and problems installing update
- Lack of interest after initial flurry of activity
The second iteration of the Hivemind Wiki was hosted on honey.hivemind.net.
- I'm not sure why it died. Did it perhaps have issues with a mysql upgrade?
This third iteration. Hosted on honey.hivemind.net.
- The content was restored from backups of the previous wiki. Content is terribly distorted though.
- We are counting on volunteers with lots of free time to get our wiki back in order.
The fourth and latest edition of the wiki. Hosted on honey.hivemind.net
- Mediawiki install by Peet_Grobler | 1500 Kudos | 26 July 2007
- Old wiki data recover from backup mysql database by Peet_Grobler (1000 Kudos) | 26 July 2007
- Restoration of various images by Bretton | (500 Kudos) | 26 July 2007
- Creation of wiki mailing list [] by Bretton | (500 Kudos) | 26 July 2007
- Updating and correcting of data started 26 July as well.
Regular Wiki Contributors
The following people make regular contributions to the wiki:
What we need done on the Hivewiki
- Addition of new content in sections where a skeleton outline exists. Just pick a spot and start adding content, even if it's just a page about yourself or the lists you're on.
- Editing of existing content. There are always typos and formatting errors to be fixed.
- Policy Documents for articles, archived threads, information resources on the wiki (essentially HOWTO documents for adding content to the wiki)
- Policemen! We need people to check that the wiki isn't poisoned by unscrupulus characters.